The beach of Favone (or Favona) in South Corsica, located in the region of Porto-Vecchio, is a place that we enjoyed a lot. With its white sand and turquoise waters, this beach offers an idyllic setting for an unforgettable day. In addition, it has many facilities to relax and enjoy your stay.
Here is our guide to help you plan your visit: map, access, sand, conditions… We have taken pictures so that you can get an idea of this exceptional place.
This review is completely independent, we visited the area anonymously and paid our bills in full.
Why visit the beach of Favone near Porto-Vecchio
Is the beach of Favona worth it?
Yes, we think that the beach of Favone is worth it.
We liked the white sand on this long cove where it is pleasant to walk with your feet in the water to refresh yourself. Plus it offers plenty of activities and is less crowded.
But it depends on what you are looking for.
It is, in our opinion, one of the most beautiful beaches around Porto-Vecchio.
Why choose it
If you are looking for a quiet and easily accessible beach in South Corsica, the beach of Favone could be the perfect choice for you. Here are the top three reasons why you should consider visiting:
- Get away from the crowds: Unlike some of the more popular beaches in the area, Favone Beach is relatively quiet and peaceful, offering an ideal getaway for those looking to avoid the crowds.
- Easy access beach: located along the main road T10, the beach of Favone is easily accessible by car. In addition, there is ample free parking nearby, although this can fill up quickly in the summer.
- Water activities: if you are a lover of water activities, the beach of Favone is an excellent choice. During the tourist season, you can rent kayaks, pedal boats and snorkeling equipment to explore the crystal clear waters of the beach.
Access and Map – Favona beach (South Corsica)
Where is the beach of Favone
The beach of Favone is located on the east coast of South Corsica, between the towns of Solenzara and Porto-Vecchio.
Here are the approximate driving times from several cities in Corsica to the beach of Favone:
- From Porto-Vecchio : about 35 minutes by car.
- From Bonifacio : about 1 hour by car.
- From Ajaccio : about 2 hours and 30 minutes by car.
- From Calvi : about 3 hours by car.
- From Bastia : About 2h30
Here is a map to help you find your way:
OUR TIPS FOR RENTING A CAR IN Corsica
- Compare prices on our preferred platform: DiscoverCars – one of the best rated sites.
- Choose a car that is powerful enough (the roads are steep) but compact (some passages are narrow).
- Think of thecomplete insurance (some roads are tortuous and narrow).
- There is a lot of demand, book it early.
How to get there – access road
The access to the beach of Favone in South Corsica is done by following the main road T10 which goes along the east coast of the island. The beach is easily accessible thanks to a paved road, which makes it very easy to get there.
Unfortunately, there is very little direct public transport to the beach of Favone in South Corsica. The bus between Porto-Vecchio and Bastia has a stop “Tarco-Favone” but it is not frequent.
Parking of the beach of Favone
The beach of Favone has a free dedicated parking lot, located right next to the beach. There are also several small parking lots nearby, although they can fill up quickly during the summer. Note that the dedicated parking lot and the other parking lots are not paved, but they are still passable by car.
Access to the beach from the parking lot
The beach is very easy to reach from the parking lot. Just a few steps to take.
USE OUR GUIDE TO PLAN A
DREAM TRIP TO Corsica
All the information you need for your trip:
- 7 maps that make planning easier
- 130+ pre-selected locations
- Practical advice
- + 220 photos to help you choose
On the sand and in the water… practical advice
Best time to visit
The best time of the year to go to the beach of Favone in South Corsica depends on your preferences. However, the high tourist season in South Corsica is between June and September, which means that the beach will be busier at these times. It is therefore advisable to visit the beach outside these months if you prefer to avoid the crowds.
As for the best time of day, it is best to visit the beach early in the morning or late in the afternoon to avoid the mid-day heat and to enjoy a quieter beach.
Favone beach is quite popular with visitors, but it is not as crowded as the most famous beaches in the area. It is therefore a good option for those who are looking for a less crowded beach, but still offers many facilities and activities.
Type and size of beach: sand
The ground at the beach of Favone in South Corsica is mainly composed of fine white sand, which makes it very pleasant to bask in the sun and to swim in the turquoise waters. There are also some rocks located at the end of the beach, which add an extra charm to the landscape and offer nice spots to observe underwater life.
Note that at any period, some beaches in Corsica can be covered with algae (Posidonia meadows). This is essential for their renewal.
This can happen at any beach but not at the same time. It’s random.
The beach of Favone is quite long and is wider than many of the most famous beaches in the area. It is a good sized beach with enough space to accommodate visitors even during the busiest periods.
Conditions for swimming
Regarding the slope and the depth of the water at the beach of Favone in South Corsica, there is a gentle slope which makes it accessible to all, including children. As for the quality of the water, it is often crystal clear and of a magnificent turquoise blue. However, as on all beaches, it is important to remain vigilant and to respect the safety rules at sea. It is possible that there are jellyfish sometimes, so it is recommended to inquire before entering the water.
WHERE TO STAY IN Porto-Vecchio
To enjoy the magnificent beaches, it’s best to spend one or more nights here!
Option 1: around the citadel
For easy access to bars, cafés, restaurants and the port, choose to sleep in Porto-Vecchio’s town center.
- Hotel-restaurant Casa Santini feet in the water
– see prices, pictures and availability
Option 3: on the north shore of the Gulf
In the luxury of the beaches on the north shore of the Gulf of Porto-Vecchio
- Grand Hotel de la Cala Rossa (5 stars) with beach, swimming pool, restaurant… – see prices, photos and availability
Option 4: on the south coast, near well-known beaches
Around Corsica’s best-known beaches, for quick access: Palombaggia, Santa Giulia…
Facilities and activities
The beach is not supervised by lifeguards.
Showers, toilets, deckchair…
We forgot to check sorry. We did not see any obvious showers and toilets. But if you go to the straw huts for a drink, they have toilets.
There is very little shade at the beach of Favone, with only a few scattered pine trees. There are no umbrellas for rent on the beach. It is therefore recommended to bring your own umbrella or other means of protection from the sun.
As you can see in the picture above, it is possible to practice various water activities at the beach of Favone during the tourist season. Visitors can rent kayaks, dugout canoes, pedal boats and snorkeling equipment to explore the turquoise waters of the beach.
It is also possible to go scuba diving with a diving school located nearby.
BEST THINGS TO DO IN Southern Corsica
It is possible to eat on the beach of Favone in South Corsica. Several options are available to suit everyone’s taste:
- The Mezza Rena straw hut, located directly on the sand, offers a friendly and relaxed atmosphere to enjoy Corsican specialties and seafood.
- The restaurant La Siesta offers a terrace with a beautiful view of the sea and a variety of dishes, from pizzas to meat and fish dishes.
- The restaurant Maradea is also a good option, with a nice decoration and a quality cuisine.
- If you’re looking for an alternative, Le Favona Pizzeria is located across the street, offering pizza to go or to eat in.
FOR QUALITY ADVICE
QUALITY Support us
Do you appreciate all the free content you find on our blog?
Our independence, the only guarantee of qualitytips, is partly based on your generosity!
We offer you to give us a coffee (or several) in the hope of sharing it with you one day in person!
Information for children, mobility, dogs, naturism…
Conditions with children
There are no children’s games at Favone beach.
Dogs on the beach
We think dogs are allowed, especially out of season, but forgot to check the signs, sorry.
Access for people with reduced mobility
Unfortunately, the beach of Favone in South Corsica does not have facilities for people with reduced mobility. Visitors with limited mobility may have difficulty accessing the beach due to the lack of wheelchair ramps and paths.
Is the beach open to naturism?
No naturism on this beach.
Other beautiful beaches nearby
Located in a protected bay, the beach of Canella is covered with fine white sand.
With its beautiful shape, its transparent turquoise water and its dense vegetation, it is considered as one of the most beautiful beaches of Corsica.
Beach of Fautea
Fautea has 3 beautiful white sand beaches, one in the village and 2 that can be reached by short walks.
The most fascinating is the beach of the Tower in the middle: a beautiful little cove surrounded by lush nature. The North Point has an accessible Genoese tower in good condition.