Want to go to Corsica in October?
Find out if the region at this time of year will meet your expectations with our comprehensive guide:
- Climate in Corsica in October (temperatures, weather…)
- Swimming conditions: water temperature and wind
- Travel conditions: crowds, prices, openings
- What to do in Corsica in October, special activities and events
BEFORE OUR TIPS + PHOTOS
HERE ARE OUR FAVORITES IN Corsica
Our favorite car rental platform: DiscoverCars
Our guide to planning your road trip: eBook
Our must-do boat trip: Exploring the cliffs of Bonifacio
This guide is completely independent, based on our experiences. We visit the area anonymously, making our own choices, and paying all our bills in full.
Going to Corsica in October: quick answers
Is the weather nice in Corsica in October? Is this a good time to visit?
The weather is relatively good in Corsica in October. The temperatures are warm. The sky is clear and sunny, especially on the east coast, towards Bastia and Porto-Vecchio. Rains are more frequent on the west coast. It is still the season for swimming and hiking. The autumn winds are blowing again, for the happiness of the surfers. However, beware of thunderstorms, which are more frequent during this period.
It is a good time to visit Corsica.
Travelling to Corsica in October – summary of conditions
The temperatures are warm. The thermometer shows an average of 18°C (64°F), and 21°C (70°F) during the day.
In October, the sea is warm, around 21°C (70°F). It is ideal for water activities such as swimming, snorkeling, paddling or kayaking.
Crowds and prizes
In October, tourists are also numerous during the French school vacations. This is because it is the last month of the tourist season in Corsica. On the other hand, the rates are the most interesting of the year, except for the low season.
Everything is open in October: attractions, museums and parks, hotels, restaurants.
The sun rises around 7:30 am and sets before 7 pm.
More tips in our article: Best time to visit Corsica.
Our favorite activities in October
In October, many things are still spinning for this end of the season. But not everything remains open.
- Enjoy the mild autumn sun on the beaches
- Explore the villages, the citadels and the city of Sartene
- Take advantage of boat tours in Bonifacio and Piana, to discover exceptional sites
- Hiking – it’s still cool on the heights but it’s nice because you’ll have the hiking trails not too busy.
- And much more… See details later in the article
- The only thing you will not enjoy are the waterfalls… there is not enough water in October.
OUR TIPS FOR RENTING A CAR IN Corsica
- Compare prices on our preferred platform: DiscoverCars – one of the best rated sites.
- Choose a car that is powerful enough (the roads are steep) but compact (some passages are narrow).
- Think of thecomplete insurance (some roads are tortuous and narrow).
- There is a lot of demand, book it early.
1. Climate in Corsica in October – weather forecast
The climate of Corsica is Mediterranean. It has dry summers with high temperatures, and rainy but relatively mild winters.
In October, the mistral wind becomes frequent again. The West Coast is rainy, which can complicate the organization of your trip. Are you a surfing fan? The winds raise beautiful waves, especially in the north of the island!
Despite this, the days are often sunny. Temperatures are warm from the morning. It’s the perfect climate for walking on the water or across the island.
The season is also ideal for hiking in the mountains, after the heat of the summer. However, beware of thunderstorms, which are more frequent in this season.
2. Temperatures in Corsica in October
Temperatures in Ajaccio:
- 17°C (63°F) on average
- Number of days above 18°C = 28
Temperatures in Porto-Vecchio:
- 20°C (68°F) on average
- Number of days above 18°C = 27
Temperatures in Calvi:
- 17°C (63°F) on average
- Number of days above 18°C = 26
Temperatures in Bastia:
- 18°C (64°F) on average
- Number of days above 18°C = 27
Temperatures in the mountains
The temperature in the mountains depends on your altitude. In Corte, the thermometer shows an average of 17°C (63°F). The higher you go, the lower the temperatures get.
USE OUR GUIDE TO PLAN A
DREAM TRIP TO Corsica
All the information you need for your trip:
- 7 maps that make planning easier
- 130+ pre-selected locations
- Practical advice
- + 220 photos to help you choose
3. Rain in Corsica in October
In October, the west of Corsica is quite rainy.
- Rainfall in Ajaccio: 142 mm
(over 7 days on average)
- Rainfall in Porto-Vecchio: 78 mm
(over 4 days on average)
- Quantity of rain in Calvi: 135 mm
(over 6 days on average)
- Rainfall in Bastia: 92 mm
(over 5 days on average)
4. Sunshine in Corsica in October
In October, the days become shorter. The sun rises around 7:30 am and sets around 6:45 pm, with 9 hours of sunshine.
FOR QUALITY ADVICE
QUALITY Support us
Do you appreciate all the free content you find on our blog?
Our independence, the only guarantee of qualitytips, is partly based on your generosity!
We offer you to give us a coffee (or several) in the hope of sharing it with you one day in person!
5. Water temperature – swimming in Corsica in October
October is a good time to swim in Corsica. Discover below the average temperature of the sea.
- Ajaccio: 21°C (68°F) on average
- Porto-Vecchio: 21°C (68°F) on average
- Calvi: 20°C (70°F) on average
- Bastia: 21°C (68°F) on average
6. Wind in Corsica in October
The wind in Corsica depends on the place and the season, but rarely prevents tourist activities. In October, it blows harder.
The north is more exposed than the south. The mistral, a strong wind, can blow for several days. The south of the island is subject to a dry and hot wind from the Sahara. On the other hand, the east coast remains protected from the winds.
HOW TO GET TO Corsica
Option 1: by ferry
Option 2: by plane
7. Crowds and other conditions
October is one of the most popular months to visit the island. Indeed, it is the last month of the tourist season in Corsica. The temperatures are still mild despite the rain. We appreciate this last opportunity to enjoy the area.
The hotel occupancy rate is approximately 88%. Hotels and parking lots can be crowded.
October is still a good time to visit Corsica.
8. What to do in Corsica in October
The water is still warm. The summer has warmed everything up.
But it starts to decrease on the end of the month…
Explore the villages, the citadels and the city of Sartene
There are not only beaches in Corsica!
The villages, towns and citadels are a must. They have a lot of charm and quite different styles.
Do not miss:
- Calvi and its citadel
- Bonifacio and its citadel on the cliffs
- Sartene, the most Corsican city
- Île-Rousse and its very different charm
- and all the charming villages with stone houses, especially in Balagne.
Enjoy boat tours in Bonifacio and Piana
2 of the most beautiful boat tours to do are those:
Feel a boost of adrenaline: canyoning, via ferrata…
There are great activities to enjoy the Corsican landscape even more:
To the South:
- Canyoning initiation in Pulischellu – see pictures, details and availability
- Complete canyoning experience in Pulischellu – see details and availability
- Or sport canyoning in Purcaraccia – see details and availability
- Via Ferrata near Porto_Vecchio – see photos, details and availability
- Sea kayaking near Propriano (west coast) – see pictures, details and availability
- Sea kayaking under the cliffs of Bonifacio – see pictures, details and availability
And in the North:
- Diving and snorkeling – learn to dive in Calvi and discover the sea bed! – see program and availability
- Quad between sea and mountain – see program and availability
- Canyoning in beautiful valleys, including the Fango valley – see programs and availability
- Via Ferrata to cling to the mountain walls with breathtaking views. There are different courses depending on your level (including juniors) – see programs and availability
- Rafting with 2 levels of intensity depending on your adrenaline search (family or X-tra) – see programs and availability
And much more…
And the list of things to do is long: food, Corsican songs, hiking…
See our article on the best things to do in Corsica
9. October events in Corsica
- Historical Tour of Corsica
This rally of historic cars crosses several communes of the island.
PLAN YOUR TRIP TO Corsica
10. Prices for the month of October
As everywhere, prices vary depending on what you are looking for. The accommodations offered are very diverse, from camping to 5 star hotels. It is therefore difficult to give a budget.
In October, Corsica is very busy. However, the rates are much more interesting than those of the rest of the tourist season. This is because October is the last month of this season. Please note: prices are higher during weekends, vacations, vacations, and in the most popular cities.
Book as soon as possible to get the best rates!