Want to go to Corsica in November?
Find out if the region at this time of year will meet your expectations with our comprehensive guide:
- Climate in Corsica in November (temperatures, weather…)
- Swimming conditions: water temperature and wind
- Travel conditions: crowds, prices, openings
- What to do in Corsica in November, special activities and events
BEFORE OUR TIPS + PHOTOS
HERE ARE OUR FAVORITES IN Corsica
Our favorite car rental platform: DiscoverCars
Our guide to planning your road trip: eBook
Our must-do boat trip: Exploring the cliffs of Bonifacio
This guide is completely independent, based on our experiences. We visit the area anonymously, making our own choices, and paying all our bills in full.
Going to Corsica in November: quick answers
What is the weather like in Corsica in November? Is this a good time to visit?
In November, Corsica is rainy and storms are more frequent. The north of the island is subject to cold and powerful winds. Temperatures are mild, but it is not the best time to visit Corsica.
Travelling to Corsica in November – summary of conditions
The thermometer shows an average of 15°C (59°F), and 17°C (63°F) during the day.
In November, the sea temperature is pleasant, around 19°C (66°F). It is suitable for water activities such as swimming, snorkeling, paddling or kayaking.
Crowds and prizes
There are very few tourists in Corsica in November. The rates are much lower than in the spring and summer.
Many establishments are closed in November: seasonal attractions, museums, parks, hotels and restaurants.
The sun rises after 7am and sets around 5pm.
More tips in our article: Best time to visit Corsica.
Our favorite activities in November
In November our favorite activities are:
- Walking along empty beaches
- Visit the citadels of Calvi and Bonifacio
- Explore the charming villages without the tourists and listen to the stones speak
- Bathing in hot springs like in the Caldane Baths near Sartene
Find out more in our article on Corsica in winter.
OUR TIPS FOR RENTING A CAR IN Corsica
- Compare prices on our preferred platform: DiscoverCars – one of the best rated sites.
- Choose a car that is powerful enough (the roads are steep) but compact (some passages are narrow).
- Think of thecomplete insurance (some roads are tortuous and narrow).
- There is a lot of demand, book it early.
1. Climate in Corsica in November – weather forecast
The climate of Corsica is Mediterranean. It has dry summers with high temperatures, and rainy but relatively mild winters.
In November, the mistral wind blows more frequently in the north of the island. It is cold and violent. The whole territory is rainy, which will complicate the organization of your trip. Thunderstorms are also more frequent at this time.
Despite everything, the temperatures are mild. If the sky is clear, we like to walk in the villages.
2. Temperatures in Corsica in November
Temperatures in Ajaccio:
- 14°C (57°F) on average
- Number of days with an average temperature of over 18°C = 11
Temperatures in Porto-Vecchio:
- 16°C (61°F) on average
- Number of days with an average temperature of over 18°C = 10
Temperatures in Calvi:
- 13°C (55°F) on average
- Number of days with an average temperature of over 18°C = 9
Temperatures in Bastia:
- 15°C (59°F) on average
- Number of days with an average temperature of over 18°C = 11
Temperatures in the mountains
The temperature in the mountains depends on your altitude. In Corte, the thermometer shows an average of 13°C (55°F). The higher you go, the lower the temperatures get.
USE OUR GUIDE TO PLAN A
DREAM TRIP TO Corsica
All the information you need for your trip:
- 7 maps that make planning easier
- 130+ pre-selected locations
- Practical advice
- + 220 photos to help you choose
3. Rain in Corsica in November
In November, Corsica is rainy.
- Rainfall in Ajaccio: 189 mm
(over 9 days on average)
- Rainfall in Porto-Vecchio: 140 mm
(over 7 days on average)
- Quantity of rain in Calvi: 158 mm
(over 8 days on average)
- Rainfall in Bastia: 82 mm
(over 5 days on average)
4. Sunshine in Corsica in November
In November, the days are short. The sun rises around 7:15 am and sets around 5 pm, with 8 hours of sunshine.
FOR QUALITY ADVICE
QUALITY Support us
Do you appreciate all the free content you find on our blog?
Our independence, the only guarantee of qualitytips, is partly based on your generosity!
We offer you to give us a coffee (or several) in the hope of sharing it with you one day in person!
5. Water temperature – swimming in Corsica in November
November is not a bad period to swim in Corsica. Discover below the average temperature of the sea.
- Ajaccio: 19°C (66°F) on average
- Porto-Vecchio: 19°C (66°F) on average
- Calvi: 18°C (64°F) on average
- Bastia: 18°C (64°F) on average
6. Wind in Corsica in November
The wind in Corsica depends on the place and the season, but rarely prevents tourist activities. In November, it blows harder.
The north is more exposed than the south. The mistral, a strong wind, can blow for several days. The south of the island is subject to a dry and hot wind from the Sahara. On the other hand, the east coast remains well protected from the winds.
HOW TO GET TO Corsica
Option 1: by ferry
Option 2: by plane
7. Crowds and other conditions
November is not a popular month to visit the island. There are very few tourists: the hotel occupancy rate is about 37%. The weather conditions are not ideal, but you will be able to recharge your batteries in the calm. Attention: most hotels, restaurants and cultural places are closed.
8. What to do in Corsica in November
Walking along empty beaches
What happiness to be able to enjoy these magnificent landscapes between mountain and sea without anyone!
The water being cold, you will certainly not go swimming. But take the opportunity to walk on the sand along the water to admire the bays, the hills, the scrubland and the Genoese towers…
Visit the citadels of Bonifacio and Calvi
Visit the museums of Ajaccio and Bastia
Not all museums in Corsica stay open during winter, but in Ajaccio and Bastia you can still visit the main museums like the Palais Fesch and the Palais des Gouverneurs.
Explore the villages
As soon as you go up a little bit on the Corsican heights, you discover charming villages with old houses.
In winter, once well covered, explore them. Without the hustle and bustle of tourists, the impression of traveling back in time is even stronger.
Bathing in the hot springs
At the end of the day, after your explorations, relax in one of the hot springs of Corsica. Some are natural, others less so…
Consider, for example, the Baths of Caldane near Sartene, the thermal baths of Pietrapola (in South Corsica), the baths of Guitera (in South Corsica)…
9. November events in Corsica
- Musicales of Bastia
This international music festival attracts up to 3,000 spectators over a few days.
PLAN YOUR TRIP TO Corsica
10. Prices in November
As everywhere, prices vary depending on what you are looking for. The accommodations offered are very diverse, from camping to 5 star hotels. It is therefore difficult to give a budget.
November is the low season. Rates are generally much lower than in the summer. Attention: many hotels close at this time. Depending on your exact destination, the low number of available accommodations can push prices up.